Gardens Tennis Club Wimbledon
ABOUT THE CLIENT
The Gardens Lawn Tennis Club was established in June 1903 after a meeting was held by residents in the neighbourhood of Southfields Station. A statement was made by W Mitter (as written in the minute books, which are kept by the membership secretary, and are still in pristine condition) that the proposed ground for the tennis courts should be positioned at the back of Southdean Gardens. A tennis club for the residents, by the residents. No time was wasted, the courts were laid within the year and play began.
Entertainment has always been important to the club, with dinner dances, quizzes and summer and winter parties high on the priority list. Entertainment slowed down during the Second World War, but it is as much a mark of this lively social club as the floodlighting and active coaching program.
Adult club sessions are well attended, but we are always pleased to see new faces. Come along to any session, we can’t wait to welcome you to the Club!
Rebuild and develop a brand new website which looked modern & fun.